- Finally! Exploring Disney's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge land (PHOTOS) (Video) August 22, 2019Star Wars fans are living their dreams in the Black Spire Outpost on planet Batuu as the $1 billion Galaxy’s Edge expansion to Disney’s Hollywood Stud […]
- A plot of undeveloped land in Beverly Hills — once listed for $1 billion — sold for just $100,000 after a decade-long quest to sell it went sour August 22, 2019A luxury plot in Hollywood Hills, dubbed "The Mountain" sold at auction for one 10,000th of its earlier asking price. […]
- This week in Mormon Land: Let this (coffee) cup pass, a surprising stake leader, and the sounds of music August 22, 2019The church is requiring all those who work with the faith’s children or youths to complete a 30-minute online training course on how to prevent abuse. […]
- Here's a LinkedIn-like site for graduates trying to land a job at a Fortune 500 company August 22, 2019Often times, many recent graduates worry about the harsh reality of facing unemployment after receiving their college degree. Garrett Lord, who is the […]
- Cleaner living through public housing: Access to land is a barrier to simpler, sustainable living August 22, 2019Many of us do not need to hear any more warnings from the IPCC, David Attenborough or climate activists like Greta Thunberg. We have seen enough to be […]
Younger will continue to grow older at TV Land.
The cabler has announced the hit comedy series has scored a renewal for a seventh season just weeks after it returned for its sixth.
The renewal makes Younger the cable network’s longest-running scripted series.
“Season after season, Younger has continued to reach new heights and build an incredibly loyal fan base,” said Paramount and TV Land president of development and production Keith Cox.
“We love this talented and amazing cast and can’t wait to see what Darren has in store for season seven.”
The series remains a success story in the ratings.
According to TV Land, “Younger’s sixth season debuted on June 12 and recorded its highest-rated season premiere ever in the key P25-54 and W25-54 demos.”
“It was also up 23 percent among total viewers, with 1.3 million tuning in to the season six premiere.”
“The series remains the top sitcom in cable for the third year in a row among W25-54 and W18-49.”
This is great news when you consider the fact that the show was earmarked for a move to Paramount Network.
When shows changed networks, it becomes likely that some of the viewers will be lost in the shuffle, but thankfully, the move was canceled at the last minute.
Moving Younger to the same network that airs the likes of Yellowstone seems weird because they are very different shows tonally.
As things stand, however, a move could still be on the horizon for the series to join Darren Star’s new show, Emily in Paris.
At the moment, Younger is the sole ongoing original scripted series on TV Land, so it could be doing with some company.
Given that Emily in Paris will be similar in tone, it would be perfect to pair the two shows up in a block, but we’ll need to stay tuned to the rollout plan.
Younger currently stars Sutton Foster (Bunheads), Hilary Duff (Gossip Girl), Nico Tortorella (The Following), Debi Mazar (Entourage), Miriam Shor (The Americans), Molly Bernard (Chicago Med), Charles Michael Davis (The Originals), and Peter Hermann (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit).
Younger currently airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. and is one of the most comical shows on the air.
Remember you can watch Younger online right here via TV Fanatic.
What are your thoughts on the renewal?
Do you still like the series?