While a third Sex and the City will likely never happen, it looks like a new story set in the Sex and the City universe could be told.
- Oklahoma City bombing 'Survivor Tree' DNA to live on April 18, 2019Oklahoma City is using science and technology to sustain the DNA and spirit of a tree symbolizing hope 24 years after the deadliest act of domestic te […]
- FBI investigating ransomware targeting City of Stuart April 18, 2019STUART, Fla. — The FBI is investigating how the City of Stuart's computers were hacked into by hansomware. Software is freezing up the city' […]
- Mayor says Oakland will use cooking oil to operate city vehicles April 18, 2019OAKLAND — Mayor Libby Schaaf announced Thursday that the city will begin using renewable diesel gathered from raw materials such as cooking oil from l […]
- Man critically injured, shot in head on city's east side April 18, 2019This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) -- One man is in critical condition after a shooting o […]
- Judge: Houston city, police and firefighters must get mediator April 18, 2019HOUSTON — A judge has ordered the city of Houston and the firefighters union to get a mediator, but not for each other. Instead, they're being as […]
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Paramount TV is entertaining the possibility of a series based on Candace Bushnell’s novel Is There Still Sex in the City?
Bushnell wrote the original book the HBO TV series was originally based on, but there’s no telling whether the original cast members would sign up to such a project.
THR does note that there’s no word yet on whether the potential series would be a sequel.
The book is slated to be released in August and examines sex, friendship, and dating after turning 50.
“It didn’t used to be this way. At one time, fifty-something meant the beginning of retirement — working less, spending more time on your hobbies, with your friends, who like you were sliding into a more leisurely lifestyle,” said Bushnell in a statement to the website.
“In short, retirement-age folks weren’t meant to do much of anything but get older and a bit heavier. They weren’t expected to exercise, start new business ventures, move to a different state, have casual sex with strangers, and start all over again.”
“But this is exactly what the lives of a lot of fifty- and sixty-something women look like today, and I’m thrilled to be reflecting the rich, complexity of their reality on the page and now on the screen.”
Despite reports of a third Sex and the City movie, it has emerged that it will not be going ahead after a breakdown in the relationship between Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker.
The original series ran for six seasons on HBO and was a roaring success.
Parker did slip back into her Carrie Bradshaw wardrobe for a recent Super Bowl Stella Artois ad.
Have a look below.
What are your thoughts on this news?
Hit the comments below.