- Revisit 'The Addams Family' — Stream All 64 Episodes Now on Amazon Prime Video August 18, 2019They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, they're altogether ooky — and The Addams Family is available to stream. (Snap! […]
- ‘NCIS’ Pilot Episodes to Air on WGN America August 17, 2019Season 8, Episode 20 of JAG, titled “Ice Queen” first aired April 22, 2003. This is when viewers first get to see Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs and his tea […]
- 'The Proud Family' Star Says the Show Is Returning With New Episodes on Disney+ August 17, 2019Get ready for a Proud Family revival. During a premiere event for 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, actor Tommy Davidson revealed the beloved animated series w […]
- The 25 most relatable 'Friends' episodes August 16, 2019Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston in " Friends. " (CNN) - "Friends," t […]
- Tommy Davidson Reveals The Proud Family Is Returning with New Episodes on Disney+ August 16, 2019The Proud Family star Tommy Davidson says the early 2000s Disney Channel animated series is being revived with new episodes on Disney+. The original i […]
NBC’s Good Girls will be scheming for longer during Good Girls Season 3.
The network has rewarded the series with its biggest episode order to date — ordering 16 episodes, according to Variety.
The news might come as a surprise when you look at the linear ratings for Good Girls Season 2.
The series averaged 2.3 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating on Sundays earlier this year, shedding almost 50% in the demo year-to-year.
Granted, the series aired on a new night this year, so some of the erosion could be attributed to that.
The series has been a massive success on the digital front on the peacock network, with the series surging 115% year-to-year.
What’s more, with 35 days of linear and digital viewing, the series went from a 0.56 demo rating all the way to a 2.38 rating, proving that there is an audience for the series.
The total viewer tally swelled from 2.3 million viewers to 6.4 million total viewers.
These results are solid, and prove just how much the TV industry has changed. If Good Girls were only measured by the success of its linear ratings, then it would have been a bubble series for much of its run.
Good Girls also airs in territories outside the U.S. on Netflix. The streamer pays a lot of money for distributing the show as a Netflix Original. It’s a similar deal to the way Netflix airs Riverdale and Dynasty outside the U.S.
But Good Girls was the first series on the Big 4 to score a deal of this caliber. It’s unclear just how much Netflix pays for the series, but if we look at Dynasty, CBS said ahead of its premiere on The CW that the show was already turning in a profit thanks to the Netflix deal alone.
FYI: Dynasty was recently renewed for a third season despite being one of the lowest-rated series on broadcast television.
Good Girls is written and executive produced by Jenna Bans. It stars Christina Hendricks, Retta, and Mae Whitman as three mothers who decide to take matters into their own hands while trying to make ends meet.
This involves them turning to a life of crime, but their lives are thrown into turmoil when the people they’re trying to fleece decide to get some revenge of their own.
Good Girls is slated to return to NBC at midseason.
Remember you can watch Good Girls online right here via TV Fanatic.
What are your thoughts on this news?
Are you surprised how huge the show is with digital metrics factored in?
Hit the comments.