We are fast approaching the final season of Game of Thrones.
- Brandon Carlo Shines In Bruins’ Thrilling Game 6 Win Vs. Maple Leafs April 21, 2019Brandon Carlo’s playoff career got off to a shaky start in Game 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs. That, as head coach Bruce Cassidy pointed out after […]
- Blake Griffin gave Pistons a scare late in Game 3; he's probable for Game 4 April 21, 2019Blake Griffin gave Pistons a scare late in Game 3; he's probable for Game 4 Orthopedic surgeon suspects fear of another injury dictated caution f […]
- Rockets win battle of the boards in Game 3 vs. Jazz April 21, 2019Houston Rockets' PJ Tucker (17) and Clint Capela (15) defend against Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert (27) in the second half during an NBA basketbal […]
- Klay Thompson jumped into the ocean to 'get right' before Game 4 April 21, 2019Athletes are highly superstitious people. So, when Klay Thompson wasn’t putting up big numbers in the Golden State Warriors early playoff games agains […]
- NBA playoffs 2019: 76ers' Jimmy Butler, Nets' Jared Dudley fined for Game 4 brawl April 21, 2019Fines were handed down to 76ers star Jimmy Butler and Nets forward Jared Dudley for their roles in the fight that broke out in Game 4 of the teams […]
Thankfully, HBO is softening the blow by airing a new project based on the hit drama one week after its finale.
Game of Thrones: The Last Watch, a two-hour documentary has been ordered to air May 26 on the premium cabler.
Instead of reuniting the cast one last time, the special will give viewers a look behind the scenes at production on the final season.
HBO says the movie “delves deep into the mud and blood to reveal the tears and triumphs involved in the challenge of bringing the fantasy world of Westeros to life in the very real studios, fields and car-parks of Northern Ireland … Much more than a ‘making of’ documentary, this is a funny, heartbreaking story, told with wit and intimacy, about the bittersweet pleasures of what it means to create a world – and then have to say goodbye to it.”
British filmmaker Jeanie Finlay is behind the project.
While Game of Thrones: The Last Watch marks the end of this iteration of the series, HBO is pressing forward with a prequel series.
“Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour,” reads the official logline for the Jane Goldman penned pilot.
“From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend, only one thing is for sure: It’s not the story we think we know.”
And that’s not all, HBO has announced there is more than one spinoff in development, but the Jane Goldman penned pilot is the only one that has snagged a pilot order so far.
What are your thoughts on this documentary?
Hit the comments below.
Remember you can watch Game of Thrones online right here via TV Fanatic,
Game of Thrones Season 8 debuts April 14.