Friends becoming more than that is a favorite ship trope, both on screen and in real life.
- Volunteers build friendships with street-involved people one meal at a time April 20, 2019A group of volunteers gathers twice every month in downtown Halifax to share a meal and make friends with panhandlers and homeless people who feel lik […]
- Maintaining Long-Term Friendships After a Move April 19, 2019When 57-year-old Brenda Thompson, a communications consultant, transplanted from Austin, Texas to Los Angeles after marrying her partner in November 2 […]
- Kevin Abstract Deals With Lost Love, Former Friendships On 'Ghettobaby' EP: Listen April 19, 2019When Kevin Abstract teased, promoted and released his EP Arizona Baby in a flurry last week, fans immediately thought that would be the end of it. But […]
- The Truth About The Movie 'Life' And Surviving Bad Friendships April 18, 2019In the same year, Eddie Murphy seized on the Ray Gibson role he’d created in the original story for LIFE, co-starring with Lawrence for the first time […]
- Picking sides at the risk of friendships April 18, 2019Like most teens, Alexandra has long been accustomed to how high school friendships can shift like sand dunes. But as she recently discovered, they can […]
Getting to see that growth between characters as they learn about each other, learn to trust each other, and then learn to romantically love each other is everything we could ever ask for from a fictional relationship.
And while it may feel like sometimes our favorite shows don't commit to the slow burn that a friends to lovers trope requires, there are so many quality friendships that turned into something more.
In fact, this slideshow is just a sample of the many connections that were built on platonic love first before it grew into more because of its potential.
What TV friendship that turned romantic over time was your absolute favorite?